Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) One who, or that which, bears, sustains, or carries.
2. (n.) Specifically: One who assists in carrying a body to the grave; a pallbearer.
3. (n.) A palanquin carrier; also, a house servant.
4. (n.) A tree or plant yielding fruit; as, a good bearer.
5. (n.) One who holds a check, note, draft, or other order for the payment of money; as, pay to bearer.
6. (n.) A strip of reglet or other furniture to bear off the impression from a blank page; also, a type or type-high piece of metal interspersed in blank parts to support the plate when it is shaved.