Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (v. i.) See Brite.
2. (a.) Radiating or reflecting light; shedding or having much light; shining; luminous; not dark.
3. (a.) Transmitting light; clear; transparent.
4. (a.) Having qualities that render conspicuous or attractive, or that affect the mind as light does the eye; resplendent with charms; as, bright beauty.
5. (a.) Having a clear, quick intellect; intelligent.
6. (a.) Sparkling with wit; lively; vivacious; shedding cheerfulness and joy around; cheerful; cheery.
7. (a.) Illustrious; glorious.
8. (a.) Manifest to the mind, as light is to the eyes; clear; evident; plain.
9. (a.) of brilliant color; of lively hue or appearance.
10. (n.) Splendor; brightness.
11. (adv.) Brightly.
12. (v. t.) To be or become overripe, as wheat, barley, or hops.