Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (v. t.) To unfold; to spread wide; to expand; to stretch out; to spread.
2. (v. t.) To extend the front of (a column), bringing it into line.
3. (v. t.) To spread before the view; to show; to exhibit to the sight, or to the mind; to make manifest.
4. (v. t.) To make an exhibition of; to set in view conspicuously or ostentatiously; to exhibit for the sake of publicity; to parade.
5. (v. t.) To make conspicuous by large or prominent type.
6. (v. t.) To discover; to descry.
7. (v. i.) To make a display; to act as one making a show or demonstration.
8. (n.) An opening or unfolding; exhibition; manifestation.
9. (n.) Ostentatious show; exhibition for effect; parade.