Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) An individual of the sex which conceives and brings forth young, or (in a wider sense) which has an ovary and produces ova.
2. (n.) A plant which produces only that kind of reproductive organs which are capable of developing into fruit after impregnation or fertilization; a pistillate plant.
3. (a.) Belonging to the sex which conceives and gives birth to young, or (in a wider sense) which produces ova; not male.
4. (a.) Belonging to an individual of the female sex; characteristic of woman; feminine; as, female tenderness.
5. (a.) Having pistils and no stamens; pistillate; or, in cryptogamous plants, capable of receiving fertilization.