Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (a.) Consisting of a moiety, or half; as, a half bushel; a half hour; a half dollar; a half view.
2. (a.) Consisting of some indefinite portion resembling a half; approximately a half, whether more or less; partial; imperfect; as, a half dream; half knowledge.
3. (adv.) In an equal part or degree; in some part; approximating a half; partially; imperfectly; as, half-colored, half done, half-hearted, half persuaded, half conscious.
4. (a.) Part; side; behalf.
5. (a.) One of two equal parts into which anything may be divided, or considered as divided; -- sometimes followed by of; as, a half of an apple.
6. (v. t.) To halve. [Obs.] See Halve.