Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (a.) Evil; wicked; bad.
2. (n.) Same as Mailbag.
3. (v. t.) of or pertaining to the sex that begets or procreates young, or (in a wider sense) to the sex that produces spermatozoa, by which the ova are fertilized; not female; as, male organs.
4. (v. t.) Capable of producing fertilization, but not of bearing fruit; -- said of stamens and antheridia, and of the plants, or parts of plants, which bear them.
5. (v. t.) Suitable to the male sex; characteristic or suggestive of a male; masculine; as, male courage.
6. (v. t.) Consisting of males; as, a male choir.
7. (v. t.) Adapted for entering another corresponding piece (the female piece) which is hollow and which it fits; as, a male gauge, for gauging the size or shape of a hole; a male screw, etc.
8. (n.) An animal of the male sex.
9. (n.) A plant bearing only staminate flowers.