Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) A picture or model greatly diminished size; reduced scale.
2. (v.) Originally, a painting in colors such as those in mediaeval manuscripts; in modern times, any very small painting, especially a portrait.
3. (v.) Lettering in red; rubric distinction.
4. (n.) A particular feature or trait.
5. (a.) Being on a small; much reduced from the reality; as, a miniature copy.
6. (v. t.) To represent or depict in a small compass, or on a small scale.