Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) The act of noting, remarking, or observing; observation by the senses or intellect; cognizance; note.
2. (n.) Intelligence, by whatever means communicated; knowledge given or received; means of knowledge; express notification; announcement; warning.
3. (n.) An announcement, often accompanied by comments or remarks; as, book notices; theatrical notices.
4. (n.) A writing communicating information or warning.
5. (n.) Attention; respectful treatment; civility.
6. (v. t.) To observe; to see to mark; to take note of; to heed; to pay attention to.
7. (v. t.) To show that one has observed; to take public note of; remark upon; to make comments on; to refer to; as, to notice a book.
8. (v. t.) To treat with attention and civility; as, to notice strangers.