Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) A small and mean bed; a bed of straw.
2. (n.) Same as Palette.
3. (n.) A wooden implement used by potters, crucible makers, etc., for forming, beating, and rounding their works. It is oval, round, and of other forms.
4. (n.) A potter's wheel.
5. (n.) An instrument used to take up gold leaf from the pillow, and to apply it.
6. (n.) A tool for gilding the backs of books over the bands.
7. (n.) A board on which a newly molded brick is conveyed to the hack.
8. (n.) A click or pawl for driving a ratchet wheel.
9. (n.) One of the series of disks or pistons in the chain pump.
10. (n.) One of the pieces or levers connected with the pendulum of a clock, or the balance of a watch, which receive the immediate impulse of the scape-wheel, or balance wheel.
11. (n.) In the organ, a valve between the wind chest and the mouth of a pipe or row of pipes.
12. (n.) One of a pair of shelly plates that protect the siphon tubes of certain bivalves, as the Teredo.
13. (n.) A cup containing three ounces, -- formerly used by surgeons.