Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (v. t.) To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed.
2. (v. t.) To consider worthy of esteem; to regard with honor.
3. (v. t.) To look toward; to front upon or toward.
4. (v. t.) To regard; to consider; to deem.
5. (v. t.) To have regard to; to have reference to; to relate to; as, the treaty particularly respects our commerce.
6. (n.) The act of noticing with attention; the giving particular consideration to; hence, care; caution.
7. (v.) Esteem; regard; consideration; honor.
8. (n.) An expression of respect of deference; regards; as, to send one's respects to another.
9. (v.) Reputation; repute.
10. (v.) Relation; reference; regard.
11. (v.) Particular; point regarded; point of view; as, in this respect; in any respect; in all respects.
12. (v.) Consideration; motive; interest.