Easton's Bible Dictionary
(Judges 16:9). See FLAX.
Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) The coarse and broken part of flax or hemp, separated from the finer part by the hatchel or swingle.
2. (v. t.) To draw or pull through the water, as a vessel of any kind, by means of a rope.
3. (n.) A rope by which anything is towed; a towline, or towrope.
4. (n.) The act of towing, or the state of being towed; --chiefly used in the phrase, to take in tow, that is to tow.
5. (v. t.) That which is towed, or drawn by a towline, as a barge, raft, collection of boats, etc.