Noah Webster's New International Dictionary of the English Language
1. (n.) Received with gladness; admitted willingly to the house, entertainment, or company; as, a welcome visitor.
2. (n.) Producing gladness; grateful; as, a welcome present; welcome news.
3. (n.) Free to have or enjoy gratuitously; as, you are welcome to the use of my library.
4. (n.) Salutation to a newcomer.
5. (n.) Kind reception of a guest or newcomer; as, we entered the house and found a ready welcome.
6. (v. t.) To salute with kindness, as a newcomer; to receive and entertain hospitably and cheerfully; as, to welcome a visitor; to welcome a new idea.